16+ Assistance Fund
Restrictions related to COVID-19 means there's even more need for items of equipment or assistance for people aged 16+ with Dravet Syndrome.
Families are having to adjust to adult children returning from residential homes, day care facilities closing or operating reduced hours, activities being exclusively home-based and more.
Our 16+ assistance fund is available to fund any items of equipment or assistance that will improve the life of a 16+ year old with Dravet Syndrome, particularly through these challenging times.
Examples of items we can fund include: computer devices to help with home based entertainment, adult strollers to facilitate exercise whilst maintaining social distancing, and garden equipment to facilitate outdoor entertainment and exercise. Families can apply for one item or one project (which may require several items).
The limit on each application is usually £1,000 per year per Dravet adult. This fund is non-means tested and families can apply at any time.
Guidelines for applications:
- We accept applications for any diagnosed patients from 16 years upwards
- Up to £1,000 for one item or one project may be applied, although we will look at each application on an individual basis
- This is a rolling programme so applications can be made at any time
- Your application will be acknowledged once it is received, and we should be able to let you know the result within a maximum of 4 weeks after the quarterly Trustees meeting
- Families can only apply for this grant once within a 12 month period (from the time of application)
- Any items, equipment or assistance that will improve the life of the Dravet adult will be considered.
- We may wish to publicise the grant so would ask for your cooperation with this
- Wherever possible DSUK will order the items direct from your chosen supplier and arrange delivery to your home