5 Million Steps for Dravet
Each year, the International Bureau of Epilepsy set up a global challenge of completing 50 million steps collectively for epilepsy. Dravet Syndrome UK are aiming to contribute 5 million of those steps before International Epilepsy Day on 14th February 2022.
Can you help us reach our target?
Last year, an awesome team from the DSUK community stepped together for the global 50 million steps challenge. The challenge aims to raise awareness of the 50 million people worldwide who are affected by epilepsy and raise funds for organisations like DSUK, who support them. This year, we'd love to, quite literally, take our contribution 'one step further'. Will you join us in completing 5 million steps collectively with our community, before International Epilepsy Day on 14th February?
Get involved and raise funds for DSUK
- Setup your JustGiving page here.
- Set yourself a target goal of the number of steps you’ll be taking between 10th January and 14th February
- Start tracking those steps! Every single step counts! You can track easily on your smart devices e.g. a Fitbit watch, or if you have a smart phone search “Steps Counter Free” to download an app to log your steps for you.
- Each week let us know how you’re getting on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the 14th February we’ll announce how many steps we’ve all taken together!
How we'll support you every step of the way
Once you have set up your JustGiving Page, our Fundraising Coordinator will be in touch with a free fundraising pack and t-shirt. We'll also share your progress on social media if you're happy for us to, so do send any photos you take to email@example.com!
Do keep us up to date with how your steps are going - it would be amazing if we could smash our 5 million steps target!