Center Parcs 2023
Our next Family Weekend Away will take place from Friday 16th to Monday 19th June 2023 at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest.
What to expect
- An opportunity for those living with Dravet Syndrome to experience a family holiday in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Plenty of opportunity for parents to meet, unwind and talk with others who really understand what living with Dravet Syndrome means, sharing experiences and knowledge.
- Activities for siblings to meet, chat and have fun with other youngsters who are in exactly the same position, without having to feel that they need to explain their brother or sisters condition, which so often happens.
- Two ambulances & medical crews with us onsite for the duration of the weekend, to respond to emergencies. We know that severe, frequent and prolonged seizures mean families affected by Dravet Syndrome need to be close to urgent medical attention at all times.
Hear all about the magic of our annual family weekend away in our film below:
Center Parcs was a massive, enormous, revelation to us because we had not been anywhere with Joe. We just found a new life for ourselves, it allowed us to relax. I remember that really set us on the path of ok, that was our life before, being cooped up inside not really knowing what to do, and now things are possible
How to book
You need to book your stay with Center Parcs directly (as below). As part of your booking, you can choose to book accommodation in a centrally-located lodge. Center Parcs have agreed to waive the fee for booking accommodation in the central area, as follows; The free preference for central areas is for medical support (i.e. if you haven't got a child or adult in your care reliant on medical support and are not part of the medical support yourself, you will not be entitled to the free preference charge).
Booking by phone:
- Book your lodge by phone through the UK Contact Centre; 03448 267723
- When booking through the contact centre, guests must advise that they are attending the Dravet Weekend at Sherwood in June 2023. The advisors will automatically offer the free central preference as part of the booking process.
- Book your lodge online direct with Center Parcs by clicking here and select a central lodge.
- Following making your booking, send a separate email to email@example.com and explain that you have a booking as part of the Dravet Weekend at Sherwood in June 2023. Include your booking reference number. The refund adjustment will be made manually by Center Parcs.
DSUK Center Parcs Grants
Details of our Center Parcs Grants have not yet been finalised for the 2023 event, but we will keep you posted, so watch this space.
It can be very isolating caring for someone with Dravet but for one weekend a year, Centre Parcs becomes a community of people that have that one thing in common. Being at Centre Parcs provides the opportunity to be among other families that are going through similar experiences to you. This seems to lessen the burden and provides a sense of unity with other families.
Our annual family weekend away is made possible by the support of our incredible fundraisers. You can find out how to raise funds for DSUK here.
Support for Families
Find out more about the support we provide to families affected by Dravet Syndrome, including our assistance grants and how to join us.
Dravet Syndrome UK Events
Take a look and get involved with upcoming Dravet Syndrome UK events here.