Why Fundraise for Us?
Each year we need to raise over £320,000 to keep providing our much needed services. In 2018/19, for every £1 spent 80p was spent on charitable activities, 20p on fundraising and a negligible amount on generating income.
Every one of our supporters’ fundraising efforts truly does make a difference. For example £1,000 pays for a Pulse Oximeter Package for one family, £250 pays for an epilepsy mattress monitor (MedPage Monitor) for one family and £200 pays for a video monitor for one family. These monitors help save lives and we are committed to providing them without a waiting list for any Dravet family that applies.
Since 2009 thanks to your support we’ve funded:
- £500,000 of medical research
- 400+ life-saving seizure monitors
- Over 110 grants for people aged 16+
- Over 130 super sibling awards
- 10 weekends away for 400+ families
- 5 conferences with the UK’s leading experts
- Educational leaflets and so much more!