Video monitors are often used alongside other seizure alarms as helpful visual tools for monitoring the activities of children or adults with Dravet Syndrome when they are out of immediate sight, e.g. when playing in a different room or sleeping in their bed.
Information about the video monitor provided by the manufacturers:
The Baby Pixel™ Zoom HD allows you to see, hear, and know your baby is okay with incredible picture quality and innovative new technology. With HD Moonlite™, you can see your child in crisp HD even in the dark of night. With the six level HD zoom, you can see even the smallest movements. With SleepZone™, you’ll be alerted if your child crosses the virtual boundary box. The monitor has remote camera steering and lots of convenience features, including:
- 5” HD 720p colour screen with 240 metre range
- HD Moonlite™ enhanced colour night vision boost to see in high definition, even at night time
- Remote camera steering to see your Dravet child/adult anywhere in the bedroom
- Unique Sleepzone™ virtual boundary alerts parents when your Dravet child/adult moves outside of the pre-set virtual border
- Voice activated (VOX) technology ensures the video screen automatically wake ups when your child/adult stirs
- 3x remote digital zoom with remote pan and scan
- Two way talk back
- Onscreen temperature display and clock
- Sound activated LED lights
- Lullabies & white noise
- Power Save button to preserve battery life
- Low battery and out of range indicators
Feedback from families on using similar video monitors:
Families have reported that video monitors can provide peace of mind, particularly for those who can not get along with other forms of monitoring. While not a seizure alarm, it enables parents/carers to keep an eye on their child or adult with Dravet Syndrome when they are in a different room. The portable screen is also useful for helpful for parents/carers in providing a visual check to see if assistance is needed (which they cannot do with just an audio monitor).
Important: the Summer Infant Baby Pixel Monitor and other monitoring equipment provided by DSUK is in an assistive capacity only. The intention of provision is to assist in the management of an individual, and their condition and symptoms, to help minimise risk. Monitoring devices are assistive only and must not be used in substitute for observing clinical signs. DSUK can accept no liability for the accuracy of monitoring equipment nor for any consequences resulting from reliance on the device, or the actions of a patient, carer, medical practitioner or other individual resulting from use of the monitoring device.