16+ Assistance Fund
Our 16+ assistance fund is available to fund any items of equipment or assistance that will improve the life of a young adult with Dravet Syndrome, aged 16 or older.
Families can apply for one item or one project (which may require several items). The limit on each application is usually up to £1,000 per year per adult. This fund is non-means tested and families can apply at any time.
How to apply:
As with all our assistance funds, the applications are not means tested, although a letter confirming a Dravet Syndrome diagnosis is required and each application is assessed to see whether the needs are being met elsewhere.
If you would like to apply for the 16+ Assistance Fund, please check our application guidelines below and then click on the link below to complete an application form.
Guidelines for applications:
- We accept applications for those living with Dravet Syndrome, aged 16 years and upwards.
- You need to be registered with us to apply (a letter giving proof of diagnosis is required when you join us) - find out more here.
- You can apply for up to £1,000 for one item or one project (e.g. bedroom furniture and a mattress would be classed as one project), although we will look at each application on an individual basis.
- The items requested are purchased directly by DSUK.
- We do not reimburse for items already purchased prior to completing the application or before prior agreement.
- This is a rolling programme - there are no application deadlines. Applications can be made at any time during the year.
- Families are eligible to apply for this grant annually - you can make an application for this grant once every 12 months (from the time of application).
- Any items, equipment or assistance that will improve the life of the Dravet adult will be considered. Previous examples include:
- Electrical equipment including iPads/laptops, TV's
- Bedroom furniture
- Garden equipment (including hot tubs)
- Sensory equipment
- Wheelchair or wheelchair accessories such as powerpacks or wheelchair beach kits.
- We may wish to publicise the grant so would ask for your cooperation with this.
- Wherever possible DSUK will order the items direct from your chosen supplier and arrange delivery to your home.