16+ Assistance Fund
Our 16+ assistance fund is available to fund any items of equipment or assistance that will improve the life of a young adult with Dravet Syndrome, aged 16 or older.
Families can apply for one item or one project (which may require several items). The limit on each application is usually up to £1,000 per year per adult. This fund is non-means tested and families can apply at any time.
How to apply:
As with all our assistance funds, the applications are not means tested, although a letter confirming a Dravet Syndrome diagnosis is required and each application is assessed to see whether the needs are being met elsewhere.
If you would like to apply for the 16+ Assistance Fund, please check our application guidelines below and then click on the link below to complete an application form.
Guidelines for applications:
- We accept applications for any diagnosed patients from 16 years upwards
- A letter giving proof of diagnosis will be required if not already submitted to DSUK in the past
- Up to £1,000 for one item or one project may be applied, although we will look at each application on an individual basis
- The items requested are purchased directly by DSUK. We do not reimburse for items already purchased prior to completing the application or before prior agreement
- This is a rolling programme so applications can be made at any time
- Families can only apply for this grant once within a 12 month period (from the time of application)
- Any items, equipment or assistance that will improve the life of the Dravet adult will be considered. Previous examples include
- Special clothing
- Funding towards wheelchairs
- Sensory equipment
- Garden equipment
- We will not fund holidays but may consider contributing towards the cost of a holiday if it can be shown to benefit the applicant
- We may wish to publicise the grant so would ask for your cooperation with this
- Wherever possible DSUK will order the items direct from your chosen supplier and arrange delivery to your home