Family Weekend 2024
Our next Family Weekend Away will take place from Friday 14th to Monday 17th June 2024 at Center Parcs Sherwood Forest. Read on for all the details and instructions on how to book!
The magic of our Annual Family Weekend Away:
What to expect
- An opportunity for those living with Dravet Syndrome to experience a family holiday in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Plenty of opportunity for parents to meet, unwind and talk with others who really understand what living with Dravet Syndrome means, sharing experiences and knowledge.
- Activities for siblings to meet, chat and have fun with other youngsters who are in exactly the same position, without having to feel that they need to explain their brother or sisters condition, which so often happens.
- Two ambulances & medical crews with us onsite for the duration of the weekend, to respond to emergencies. We know that severe, frequent and prolonged seizures mean families affected by Dravet Syndrome need to be close to urgent medical attention at all times.
Hear all about our Annual Family Weekend Away in our film below:
Discover more, from brothers and sisters of those living with Dravet Syndrome, about our amazing morning of sibling activities and a restaurant lunch in our film below:
After 25 years of Chloe being on this earth and receiving her Dravet Syndrome diagnosis 7 years ago, we feel that we have finally found “our tribe”. Thank you to everyone who made us feel so welcome and at home. It’s been such a special and emotional weekend. For every one of the Dravet Syndrome UK staff who organise the weekend, just know that your hard work matters and is appreciated more than we could put into words. Looking forward to next year already!
How to book
Step 1: Book your accommodation with Center Parcs directly
As part of your booking, you can choose to book accommodation in a centrally-located lodge. Center Parcs have agreed to waive the fee for booking accommodation in the central area, as follows; The free preference for central areas is for medical support (i.e. if you haven't got a child or adult in your care reliant on medical support and are not part of the medical support yourself, you will not be entitled to the free preference charge).
Booking by phone:
- Book your lodge by phone through the UK Contact Centre; 03448 267723
- When booking through the contact centre, guests must advise that they are attending the Dravet Weekend at Sherwood in June 2024. The advisors will automatically offer the free central preference as part of the booking process.
- Book your lodge online direct with Center Parcs by clicking here and select a central lodge.
- Following making your booking, send a separate email to email@example.com and explain that you have a booking as part of the Dravet Weekend at Sherwood in June 2024. Include your booking reference number. The refund adjustment will be made manually by Center Parcs.
Step 2: Inform DSUK you’re attending and/or apply for the DSUK Annual Family Weekend Grant
Whether or not you’d like to apply for the grant, please follow the below instructions to notify DSUK you’re attending the Annual Family Weekend Away.
Each year the size of the DSUK Family Weekend Away grant is determined by the amount fundraised. Due to the continued support of our inspirational fundraising community and the generosity of our sponsors, this year we're really pleased to be able to award a grant of £400 to each family who wishes to attend in 2024.
When you have made your booking with Center Parcs as above, please fill in the form here. You will need to upload a copy of your Center Parcs booking confirmation as part of the process.
- If you want to apply for a grant, of £400, please include your bank details on the form. The grant is not means tested, but you need to be registered with Dravet Syndrome UK to be eligible to apply.
- If you do not want to apply for a grant, please fill in the form here and include a zero in the Account Holder Name, Account Number and Sort Code fields.
In both cases, if you haven't already registered with us, you will need to do so first. To find out more about registering with us and to Join Us, click here.
Our Annual Family Weekend is made possible by the support of our incredible fundraisers. You can find out how to raise funds for DSUK here.
Support for Families
Find out more about the support we provide to families affected by Dravet Syndrome, including our assistance grants and how to join us.